Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I am Second


I am Second is a collection of true stories of the moment that a person chose to put God first in their lives.  The book was put together by Doug Bender and Dave Sterrett and is based on the web site iamsecond.com, where all of the stories are shown.  Many stories focused on in the book are famous athletes or musicians.  These stories are about drugs, alcohol, sex, illness, death, and many other real issues that impact our world.

Before reading this book, I wasn’t even aware of the website.  I thought it looked like an interesting book and decided to read it.  Each story is a great testimony to God’s redemptive power in people’s lives and the audience will be able to relate to at least one of these stories.  Each story is inspiring and gives me hope for the people who are not putting God first in their lives.  At the end of each person’s story, they show the web address for that person’s testimony as well as other stories that are similar.  I enjoyed that they put that part into the book so that I was able to see more people’s stories.  I have already recommended this book to a friend and will continue recommending it.  This book is great not only for those who already put God first in their lives, but also for those who do not.

This book was given to me for free by Thomas Nelson Publishing for unbiased review purposes

No comments:

Post a Comment